Friday, August 28, 2009

Back To Kl Episode 1



Well, it's the time again. Coming back to KL for my next big step. My career. I've been working in this industry for almost 15 years now. I love Penang, but the market was really slow if were to compare to KL's market. If I plan to retire, I'll spend my retirement days in Penang.

Back to my career, I found this exciting job in one of the job agency. So, I think its time to move on and decided to give it a try. I sent my resume to the company in Singapore and after a week, they reply me via phone. It was called Gallup (interview through phone). At first I didn't know that this restaurant was belong to Raffles Singapore. But I did heard that there will be one in KL soon. Continue with the Gallup, this was the first time I experienced it. It was weird at first but managed to passed through with 50 questions.

After I passed the interview, I received a second call. This time it was from the chef itself, for a second interview. I took time off to travel down to KL for the interview. The interview went smoothly and guess what. I got the job. Clap... clap... clap...

I was a mixed feeling. Happy because I got the job and sad because me and my girlfriend have to live separately. But it was for my career and I grab the opportunity. When everything is steady, we'll look back at it and laugh at it, right?






No comments: