Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back To KL Episode 2: The Return Of The Chef


It has been 3 years since I left KL to work in Penang. When I know that I got the job back in KL, I was a bit worried. Can I survive? Can I cope up with the market in KL compared to Penang? Can I keep up with the life style? There are so many questions mingling on my mind.
But when I put it into a positive direction, I told myself, "what the heck, I worked in big city before. Then, why should I be afraid of it?" So, here I am, back to the big city. It was fun though to see the changes of it.
First day in office, most of the staff I have already known. I was here before for the function, working as a part time (I think my future-to-be-boss wants to see my performance). It was fun working in this kitchen. The staff, the superior and the boss. They are all very nice people (I hope this will continue until opening of the hotel). But one thing that I dislike is, there is another kitchen together with dry store (place where you keep all the dry items). Its located at basement 2 (and my kitchen is on Level 2). That is still ok, but one have to walk for 300 meter to arrive the other kitchen.

No comments: